After changing the film from a time lapse of myself drawing to a film of hand gestures and researching into different ways artists and curators have exhibited film. I decided to have a sectioned part of the exhibition holding the film. This film would be displayed in a white area on a projector with some seating for the viewers. I attempted to add the film into the program but it was too big so, I have had to play around with the size to bring it down. Even after changing the resolution and quality of the film it still didn’t work. I felt quite disheartened by this job because the film may have been displayed but not to the best quality.
After thinking about this problem and discussing it with family, I decided to break the film down into 12 separate films. In a real exhibition, all of the films would be played on a loop at the same time creating a ‘moving’ wall effect. The image below (left) has had a shot from each short film photoshopped onto the grid to show how the exhibition would look if I was able to play all of the films at the same time. After discovering this curation technique, I found it worked better as it breaks up the exhibition with large and small scale pieces. I have also include an edited film created on Adobe Premiere Pro to visualise how the moving wall would look in the exhibition. (Link below). I found this to be a huge setback on my exhibition because the moving wall of hands is more impactful than just being able to play one film at a time on ArtSteps.
I did experience setbacks during this curation but I feel I have dealt with it well and produced a strong exhibition. This problem has allowed me to think outside the box and rethink how I could change and adapt my work to fit the space.